You may have heard your child talk about our new favorite app at school FlipGrid. FlipGrid is an amazing discussion platform that allows students to post videos of learning, and then watch each other’s videos. FlipGrid has so many features that make it so loved – the selfie stickers, the ability to easily navigate through the app, and the social media elements of being able to “like” peer’s videos and keep track of views.
So far this week we have launched three different topics in our class grid:
- What is your favorite thing to do at choice time?
- How would you solve 8+9
- Read us your word study list
FlipGrid also has a “Welcome” topic which allows students to post a video telling a little about themselves.
In an effort to encourage more home-school connections, we have created a grid just for YOU! Our new grid is titled “Grade 1 & 2 Home Learning” and our first topic is up and ready for your child to post. Here are the steps to joining our class FlipGrid:
- Download the app FlipGrid on your mobile device or tablet
- Enter the code “myishome”
- The password is your child’s name in all lowercase letters (ie. rayshaun)
- Help your child to tap on the “WELCOME” topic to create a video introducing themselves, maybe even showing some special part of their home
- POST a video together in the “What did you do this weekend” topic.
- After your child makes the post, return to the topic to watch their classmate’s posts.