Last week was Book Week here at Magic Years and what a busy week it was!
Over the course of three days our class participated in a number of different activities designed to foster a love of reading. These included:
- An assembly featuring plays by the Parents Working Group: “Going on a Bear Hunt” and Creativity & Service class: “Warm Fuzzy Tale.”
- Dressing up as our favourite book characters
- A shadow puppet theatre experience: “Where the Wild Things Are”
- Buddy Reading with the students from Excellence class
- Reading in the Book Nook with parent volunteers
- Green Eggs & Ham dress up
- Pajama Day dressup
- A play by the Teachers: “Daisy-head Maizy.”
Thanks to everyone who volunteered their time and effort to be in a play, read with the class and/or help with costumes. Thanks to you efforts our class read 47 books over 3 days!!