In Peace & Unity we sing lots of songs. They help us with routines, transitions, language, math, patterning, imagination, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, and most importantly; we have lots of fun singing together.
There are many songs we sing in Peace & Unity. Here are some of our favourites. Please click on the links to see videos/lyrics to the songs.
- In a cottage ( we sing ‘take me away’ instead of ‘shoot me’)
- Eight hugs a day (by Stuart Stotts)
- Rainbow song
- Slippery fish
- There is a dog in school
- Five little ducks
- Five monkeys jumping on the bed
- Five green and speckled frogs
- My mother is a baker.
Some other suggestions for great songs:
- Dr. Jean
- Stuart Stotts / Tom Pease
- The Laurie Berkner Band
Please feel free to share or suggest any other songs that you like. We always love to learn and introduce new songs throughout the year.
- On Wednesday October 4th there will be a special coffee with Mr. Dan and Ms. Khanum for the Peace & Unity parents. The meeting will take place in the PWG room.
- Our first end of unit celebration will be on Thursday October 19th from 8:30-9:30. More details about this will be shared with you soon.